Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Preparation

Our plane leaves tomorrow night around 9:45 I think and we're going to the airport to endure the wondrous land of international airport security around 5:30. Oh and don't forget the magical dinner for four (mom, dad, me [Bethany], and my Aunt Ellen) of airline food! Despite all my sarcasm, I am extremely excited for this trip!

In case you don't know, our trip is going to last from August 4th until August 16th. There's a five day camp and then a two day safari! It's going to be so much fun! There are people in our group for Zambia coming from churches all over the country and some from Canada! We're very lucky to have them all.

We'll be divided into two work groups. One group will be at Camp Hope, teaching or helping teachers, making crafts that people here at home have helped us mercifully put together, and getting to interact with all the kids! The other group will be helping with construction of houses and other buildings.

Thank you all for supporting us and I, Bethany Showers, will try to blog at every chance I get. As in, every time I can get internet access! I'll be posting pictures and recaps of our days. Stay tuned for more updates! :-)

2 comments: