Tuesday, August 9, 2011

8/8/11 - Day One of Teaching

***This is going to be a quick post because I was falling asleep when I typed it up***


Today was the first day of teaching and by some miracle, I was not teaching alone! I was a co-teacher with a girl named Anna Gentry. She took charge quickly, which I was thankful for, and she seemed to know how to connect with the kids. All I did was maybe read here and there, dance, sing, and hold someone’s hand. I didn’t think I had made many connections until one girl, at the end of the day, kept hugging me and I had to say, “Don’t worry! I’ll be back tomorrow, I promise!” But I won’t be able to say that on Friday and I just know it’s going to break my heart. 

My parents didn’t have a smooth time with their group because they have thirteen 8 or 9 year olds that were very uneducated, didn’t speak any English, and were even having trouble understanding their own language. Please pray for this group to connect. Because of the language barriers, it scares us to death that they won’t know who Jesus is to them by the end of the week. So, again, please pray that they understand our words and they can get through to these children. And I to mine. It would be a miracle and a pure blessing to convert at least one child to Christianity. 

I can tell this week is going to be exhausting, but I also know that it will be well worth it! Oh and there is a woman here named Marci who is probably the strongest Christian I've ever met. She'll pray over everything and has such faith, it's unbelievable. I look up to her so much and I just thought she deserved to be mentioned here. :)

1 comment:

  1. Mom and Dad should try playing some soccer with those boys to loosen them up, then try and communicate with pictures. Those children hardly ever get any attention at all that someone just trying to communicate with them and want to be with them is a huge blessing. Just keep loving them and know that love is an international language!!

    ReplyDelete